Saturday 3 December 2011

The Honest Alan Moore Interview – Part 2: The Occupy Movement, Frank Miller, and Politics
Well, Frank Miller is someone whose work I’ve barely looked at for the past twenty years. I thought the Sin City stuff was unreconstructed misogyny, 300 appeared to be wildly ahistoric, homophobic and just completely misguided. I think that there has probably been a rather unpleasant sensibility apparent in Frank Miller’s work for quite a long time. Since I don’t have anything to do with the comics industry, I don’t have anything to do with the people in it. I heard about the latest outpourings regarding the Occupy movement. It’s about what I’d expect from him. It’s always seemed to me that the majority of the comics field, if you had to place them politically, you’d have to say centre-right. That would be as far towards the liberal end of the spectrum as they would go..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Loris Z. said...

Hello Eddie!

I was thinking after reading the interview, it's becoming a sort of ritual on how, whenever something like Miller's declarations come up, to fetch Alan Moore and have him bash that person. The Watchmen movie, the changes in DC comics, Miller's views on the Occupy movement...

Thankfully, Moore is a saint, and he manages to say something interesting on every single one...

4 December 2011 at 14:15:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home