Thursday 1 September 2011

Great official gallery of photos of the Graphic festival, including this one of me doing my wealth investment seminar. This is the point at which all the money is blowing out the window. You can see the anguish on my strained visage.


They've fixed it so you mustn't steal them, so I figure I can only get away with stealing one of myself, but there are good shots of Jim Woodring and Scott McCloud and some of those great musicians we met over the weekend. There's a superb one of Gotye and Kimbra singing onstage. With his Somebody that I used to know already number one in the singles charts here in Australia, Gotye's Making Mirrors went straight into the album charts at Number one. I've been listening to it here today. The track titled State of the art has a great little animated video in a retro fifties style.

I've been so wrapped up in a piece of work that I didn't notice that photo gallery was online. More posts on less conceited topics coming up.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous tita said...

just saw the photos. so jealous of people who were there. great to be able to have a peek at your new work from the screen :)

1 September 2011 at 09:21:00 GMT-5  
Blogger LFB said...

Dear Eddie
Congratulations for your work and blog ! This is a message from France, where I am a comic books writer, having published 33 albums since almost 20 years. In 2012 I will release in France a graphic novel about the birth of Australia (Glénat Publishing), 500 pages in one piece, black and white - my own From Hell, I must admit... We all are currently dreaming that you could do (write or draw) an introduction to the book... Please, tell me you would be interested !
Anyway, this is really a serious request and I thank you for considering it. I'm ready obviously to give you more information about this project... Here is my email for a first contact : lfbollee@gmail.com
Hope to talk to you soon, please receive my best regards !

1 September 2011 at 11:27:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Michael Avolio said...

Beautiful photos. The "Like that'll happen" panel is amusing somehow even out of context. Looks like a great tine was had. Can't wait to read the next book.

Michael Avolio

1 September 2011 at 20:38:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Michael Avolio said...

Oh, and do please let us know if an audio or video recording turns up of you doing your one-man-show or of the roundtable discussion with you, Woodring, and company. Thanks!

1 September 2011 at 20:40:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddie,

à propos of, as ever, nothing, I just came across the little-known (to me at least) writer Ruper Croft-Cooke and he seemed like the kind of author you may be intereted in, for his cycle of autobiographical works:

"It may be over ambitious to try and catch the tone of an epoch through individual experience, to say to those who did not share it: 'This is what it was like to be alive at that time.' That is what I have attempted."

www.croft-cooke.co.uk

Ben Smith

2 September 2011 at 08:18:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great jacket for his White Mountain here:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-Lk9l5qab3zU/TlYXPox23qI/AAAAAAAAEoI/qeDyjFoA1pk/s1600-h/Croft-Cooke-WhiteMountain3.jpg

Ben Smith

(Word verification 'sugden'. Hello Molly!)

2 September 2011 at 08:34:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

thanks, ben. ill check it out.

"You're lucky to have me at all, Captain Peacock. I had to thaw me pussy out before I came. It had been out all night."

5 September 2011 at 23:36:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home