Saturday 5 September 2009

On 27 July I made a survey of the various From Hell covers that have been used over the last ten years since I launched the big collected edition. Here is the latest. I believe this is the second of a two volume set, from our Japanese publisher Misuzu Shobo. They've put up a very impressive web page, which includes a nicely made video using panels from the book. Click the object at the top of the page if, like me, you are bewildered by the Japanese characters. But I guess that 'play' arrow must now be the most universally recognized character internationally. I thought of dropping it in the text here but there doesn't seem to be an html code for it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg G said...

Hi Eddie

Here's the trailer on youtube if you want to embed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBAhu9R4qaM

My google word verification is "proman". Hmm.

-G

5 September 2009 at 01:23:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

thanks. I may. but then again I may not. can't stand the sight of some of those images after all these years.

5 September 2009 at 01:32:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Lovely cover!

5 September 2009 at 09:58:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home