Wednesday 8 October 2008

they've been using this song in a Volkswagen ad here in Australia and three nights running I said to myself I must find out who that lady is. It's Little Waltz by Basia Bulat, Canadian singer songwriter. Here's a live performance of it.



First few lines of Lyrics for Little Waltz
© Basia Bulat
"You and I, we make a grand salute
stare at each other like lost little birds across the room
and I remember the way you looked
I learned how to dance, but I’d never shown it to you
My love, I know I was wrong,
but you know that you’ll always be
my love..."


her website

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron F. Gonzalez said...

She's great. I saw her open for Devotchka earlier this year.

She does a great cover of Sam Cooke's "Hem of His Garment" too.

8 October 2008 at 17:42:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eddie,

You just love lookin' at the violinist in the vid. Just admit it...

Fellow "hauteur" from the poor side of the pond,

Wayne

8 October 2008 at 22:36:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

you mean viola
hmph

8 October 2008 at 23:01:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goody! Thanks for going to the trouble of seeking her out Eddie. Lovely lyric.

9 October 2008 at 07:15:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Viola, violin, it's got strings attached...

HMPH!

w

10 October 2008 at 13:07:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddie,

Thanks so much I have been looking for this song. Champion effort.

26 October 2008 at 22:21:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home