Wednesday 8 October 2008

i uploaded a couple of images this week to post in a discussion on the Comics Journal forum in response to a plea for me to stop being so pathologically touchy about the endless pointless arguments over the naming of our medium. I said it's fine to say that when you don't have to suffer some of these stupid interviews where the whole purpose seems to be to make me feel foolish. Having gone to the trouble I'll post them here too. These happen at least a couple of times every year; they are a total waste of my time.


This one took forty minutes and they took a bunch of photos. Then it all got thrown out and the journalist salvaged this bit for her gossip column:


The wife of my bosom asked what 'hauteur' means. I said it's a French word that means I'm full of myself. She said, 'well at least they got that part right.'

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger drjon said...

I still get pissed off with bookstores (and Libraries) that stock the "graphic" novels apart from the other novels. I understand that this was the reason why the Minx line didn't sell, despite DC campaigning to have them shelved with the other Young Adult titles.

8 October 2008 at 19:46:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Alex said...

Hey Eddie,
The interview you did with Oli Smith in Nottingham is going to be braodcast today at 5pm BST on Resonance 104.4FM (London) / streamed at www.resonancefm.com and podcast at www.panelborders.wordpress.com later tonight. There's an on air repeat at 11.30pm on sunday.
thanks again for doing it - my time with you will be broadcast in a fortnight.
Best wishes,
Alex

9 October 2008 at 10:19:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

That's a Honeybee!

Opened up freebie blokes mag this morning, 'Shortlist'. GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR GROWN-UPS. Ahh, fuggem. Speaking of grown-ups...Bizarre conversation overheard in comic shop by yours truly:

"Daaaad, I want Batman!"
"You can't have Batman, it's for grown-ups."
"I WANT BATMAN!"
"No! Here, look at this Wall-E book."
"NO! I WANT BATMAN!"
"RIGHT. IF THAT'S THE WAY YOU'RE GOING TO BEHAVE, WE'RE GOING HOME."

In fairness, Batman did have naked ladies with their swastika'd norks hanging out.

9 October 2008 at 13:20:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How big were the norks?

10 October 2008 at 03:39:00 GMT-5  
Blogger drjon said...

@Daren: Nork-sized.

10 October 2008 at 15:44:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home