Tuesday 12 February 2008

Two pieces of movie news from my pal Lee Slattery:

Fox sues over 'Watchmen (The Hollywood reporter- Feb 12, 2008)
20th Century Fox has initiated a legal battle against Warner Bros. over the rights to develop, produce and distribute a film based on the graphic novel "Watchmen." On Friday, the studio sued Warners, claiming it holds the exclusive copyrights and contract rights to "Watchmen."...


Coens speak 'Yiddish' for Columbia (Variety-feb 11))
For their next collaboration, the "No Country for Old Men" team of Joel and Ethan Coen and producer Scott Rudin will transfer another Pulitzer Prize-winning author's work into a film.
Columbia Pictures has acquired screen rights to the bestselling Michael Chabon novel "The Yiddish Policemen's Union," with the Coens writing, directing and producing with Rudin....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

COEN BROTHERS AND CHABON?

That's brilliant.

Even if I find a cockroach in my cheese sandwich at lunch I'll still consider this a good news day.

12 February 2008 at 04:48:00 GMT-5  
Blogger James Robert Smith said...

I haven't read that one, yet.

I adore the work of the Coen Brothers. They're wonderful filmmakers.

12 February 2008 at 21:28:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last I heard, the Brothers were set on a Western (details here). How quickly thing change.

Good to have you back, sir. Now I can resume my regularly scheduled programming.

13 February 2008 at 12:48:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home