Thursday 2 August 2007

say 'cheese' (but don't mention the oyster).

D id I get a photo of me and Wee Cal in San Diego? No, Anne, I completely forgot. How could I possibly forget to take a photo of me and the apple of her eye on holiday in sunny California! Look, I'll email around and see if I can find one. Charles Brownstein took this one on Thursday. He regrets it's not a good photo, but we don't look any more out of focus than Charles himself did on the night.


Film producer Bill Horberg might have a better one from Friday, and it may be in focus since he is a teetotaller. In an email titled 'The world is my oyster ' he told me he woke up with a bad case of food poisoning and a doctor had to be called. Since I had half the oysters , it must have been a prawn that got him. I told him his trouble is that he isn't drinking enough beer.
My pal Wayne Beamer has one from Sunday, and I'm looking very tired. I went and upset the dear fellow and I deserve all and more that he says about me.
Unless somebody else out there has one, that's the lot.
**********
Speaking of Bill Horberg and me, Anne Thompson in VARIETY- Sun., Jul. 29-: Horberg's 'Agency' on drawing board
Dormant scripts get graphic novel treatment- As movies based on graphic novels such as "300," "Sin City," "Road to Perdition," "A History of Violence" and "Stardust" become more common, frustrated Hollywood filmmakers are taking dormant screenplays and commissioning graphic novels in hopes of boosting their onscreen potential.
And on her blog two days later: : Campbell's Black Diamond Detective Agency, with photo of me and Bill, presumably before he knew about the prawn.
***********
Authors in couples make for unhappy endings Guardian blog- August 1, 2007.
Writers are often drawn to each other romantically, but very often a sorry tale ensues...
(link via Mick Evans)
***********
BECKHAM TURNS DOWN SIMPSONS CAMEO OVER AFFAIR JIBE
***********
in other news:
Odor leads to illegal dung depot
MIAMI (Reuters) - A Florida man stockpiled 20,000 cubic yards of horse manure on his property and was charged with running an illegal composting operation, ...investigators suspect Duque had been accepting dump truck loads of horse manure from nearby equestrian communities in Palm Beach County."

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, how old is "wee" Cal again?

2 August 2007 at 17:56:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

15

2 August 2007 at 17:58:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember back when he WAS only the wee one... the little boy with a Batman costume whom Erin and I teased... back when he had the slicked back hair and pinchable cheeks.

Oh god I feel old.
I'm going to go yell at some no good young punks now.
Better make sure I don't break my hip!

2 August 2007 at 18:09:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wee Cal! I remember when he was shorter than the kitchen table and wore a diaper! My god!

Mick

2 August 2007 at 22:25:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Of course, now, we'll all wonder what did you did to the poor fellow (Wayne Beamer) that he should be so upset to threaten you with mass sending of soft drinks...

3 August 2007 at 01:11:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only concern with Cal is if I can continue to beat him up like I have done his whole life.

He looks far too big these days for me to tell him to stop hitting himself or hang him upside down i guess I have my own kids for that these days, at leats I had practice with Cal.

3 August 2007 at 02:02:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

I think the wee fucker's grown another foot since I saw him in May.

3 August 2007 at 03:15:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

IN FACT!

He's big enough now. Send him to me in Brixton. I'll remember to feed him, promise.

3 August 2007 at 05:19:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed,

Barely recognized Cal without the Ghostbusters shirt, Bat-belt buckle and combed hair...

Does Cal like his DP straight-up, diet or caffeine-free?

W

7 August 2007 at 09:01:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Squishy said...

I can't get over how tall he has gotten. Big, strong hansome looking lad. Job well done!

12 August 2007 at 19:41:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home