Saturday 7 July 2007

About drawing paper. (part 5)

This is a paper I used quite a lot though The Black Diamond Detective Agency. I thinks it's supposed to be a mounting board. It comes in bright grey, bright gold and dull green, and perhaps others. I used those three. It has distinctive arbitrary-seeming marks through it which remind you of the patterns in stone marble. I liked the notion that Fate had already put marks on the page before I got there, and thaat thses marks, random as they may be, could not help but have an influence on all the decisions that I would make. The page at left is one where I left a great deal of the original paper showing, to give the reader a clue as to what might be afoot, to let them in on the game if they wanted to try and follow the moves. I was surprised how sweetly this card took the watercolour paint. Absorbtion was slow and it was a very pleasing surface to work on. The example below shows the bare paper next to the applied colour. And below that Is a scan I made of the back of the same page, showing the scope of this marbled pattern across the whole surface. That's the 'green' selection.


************
Condom testers wanted."To apply, simply explain why you think you're right for the position (missionary is acceptable)..."
************

Today's post may be up later than usual as we are off to a wedding. And If I forget to put it up altogether, apologies. I'm either three sheets to the wind or testing condoms.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger James Robert Smith said...

Gorgeous work. I still have yet to buy the book.

(The guy in the "Wanted" poster looks like our billionaire's son mentally retarded mass-murdering President here in the States.)

7 July 2007 at 15:58:00 GMT-5  
Blogger drjon said...

After finding a copy of "The Train Was Bang On Time" during a recent trip to Melbourne, I picked up the last copy of Black Diamond in Ace a couple of weeks ago. Although I found the story a bit hard to follow (sorry) I must say I enjoyed the artwork very much, and was very pleased to have bought the book.

7 July 2007 at 16:33:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home